Nouvelle Génération d´Auteurs
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Nouvelle Génération d´Auteurs

les mots de la NGA

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
64.99 € 129.99 €
Voir le deal

Love affair around the world

AuteurMessage
Vincent C
Nouveau
Nouveau
Vincent C

Love affair around the world Empty
MessageSujet: Love affair around the world   Love affair around the world EmptyVen 30 Jan à 18:39

It’s a challenge for a French guy to write about love in English. In one hand, French male authors have to be very cynical, or very cheesy; and I’m not comfortable with any of those styles. In the other hand, they have to use very sophisticated sentences like “You don’t deserve half of the quarter of the love I have for you”, or “If I had had known you before him, we could have had a fabulous story” and at the end of these sentences, nobody knows who’s spoke about; that’s the magic of love, at least in France.

I wanted to be different. I had no idea of what should be a relationship with desire, respect, and commitment, but I was sure I could find it out. And to learn all these mysteries, I spent two or three nights a week, for around a decade, in night clubs. I learnt a lot, but when I was around thirty, I still didn’t know what a passionate, respectful, and equilibrated relationship was. The only thing I knew was, if you go out to find someone, you have bad time and the one you find is probably not the one you were looking for; the best thing you can expect from a night club is to be disappointed latter.

So, I stopped going out to the night clubs and pubs, and then I met her. She was the perfect French girl; sophisticated and so emotional. With her, nothing was simple; there was always something to worry about (ill relatives, problems at work, problems of money etc) and as if it wasn’t enough to be unhappy, the coup de grace was when some former lovers called her and they had diners because she was too sensitive to refuse their invite.
After two years like that, and two years more to split, while I was probably one of the “sufferers” for some new guys, I gave up. Convinced it was better to be alone than in a bad company, I packed. I left France to go to Manila, Philippines, where I had found a good job.

Manila’s a strange town where you have not other choice than being very confident or very depressed. Fortunately, I had my “crazy” time before, and I felt confident enough to avoid to waste my time in all these places you’re told you’re sooo nice by a lot of pretty girls.
To be flattered is a good way to cure your ego, but as hunter or as prey, ego is bad adviser about relationship. After more than one year as single reasonable bachelor in Manila, I randomly met her. She came from Scotland to meet this lost French guy, and with her everything is simple - and wonderful. We were both single when we met, that’s a nonsense for French; it’s too boring to work. That’s why I decided to try to write in English. Live doesn’t have to be though and complicated to be beautiful.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Love affair around the world
Page 1 sur 1